Sunday, December 6, 2009

05/12/2009

Night:

I almost didn't run today. I was thinking about going to the XC party at Claremont, but then I was like what's the point. Instead I did Rosemead-- (not quite as good, but almost): http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3355379

Runningwise, I felt better than I have for a while, completing it in 47:52 (pretty decent for 7.07 miles).

During the run I kept wondering why I have such a hard time getting a girl interested in me. I used to think there was just that "one thing" wrong with me. Like I was too ugly, not strong enough, not fast enough, not smart enough -- and if I fixed that then it would automagically help. I'm gradually realizing though that's it's just me in total, not really any one thing -- although not being able to interact comfortably with other people doesn't really help. After all, I did miss out on the party because I know I am always anxious and don't really have fun. Instead I did one more day of training on the off chance that one day I will be decent at this sport.

1 comment:

Justine said...

chief! don't be a sad panda :(. you didn't miss very much... going to claremont was kind of a waste of time. we went kind of "late" and ended up leaving pretty quickly.