Sunday, December 27, 2009

27/12/2009

Afternoon:

Did a nice easy short run today, I'll consider it my "day off." I realized that I keep going the same loop (or about the same loop) with only slight variations. This is actually okay with me in terms of not getting bored, but I noticed that I started comparing times to previous runs. Like the corner of Wilmot and Speedway -- I usually get there in about 28:05. So naturally I feel great when I get there in 26:10 and horrible if I get there in 31:20. But this is exactly what I wanted to avoid by not measuring miles -- I want to make an effort this season to avoid the mentality that I have to hit time goals.

So today I just explored instead. I went a completely different direction than normal, and don't really know where I went.

Took 30:38

No comments: