Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So the mile...

I think I just broke 4:50 in the mile, setting a massive 8 second PR. Details were sketchy since there was no automatic timing, but I had myself at 4:49.90, Noah had me at 4:49.86, Copeland had me at 4:49.97, and my 'official time' came back to me as 4:50 (they round to the nearest second though, so there is still hope). This is with NO speedwork and after 18 miles yesterday (I'm sorry Kangway! I just had to though...you'll see when I update), so I had no kick (which is why I got 3rd instead of 2nd...oh well), but it still amazes me that I ran a mile PR without training specifically for it. I hope this bodes well for next cross country season, and hell maybe I can pull out a 4:45 like I wanted to by the end of the summer.

2 comments:

Markkimarkkonnen said...

Nice, Chief! You can go even faster. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't start working out midsummer.

Garrett said...

Peaking too early sucks, it sucks hard. Just be careful, regionals are over 4 months away. Try some tempo runs too.