Tuesday, October 6, 2009

06/10/2009

Afternoon:

Did some sort of modifed Huntington today where I started at lacy, went to San Marino/Sierra Madre, then did normal Huntington back on Los Robles up to Oak Grove, then going back down to lacy and meeting the team again and running back. Took about 55 minutes (a little longer than I expected, but oh well), which according to this works out to a little over 7:30 pace. My achilles feels a lot better than it had before, but there's a little bit of swelling. I'll be on the bike tomorrow so hopefully it won't get any worse.

I don't like this season at all. I realized a short while ago that I don't do XC for the running part. Yes, I train, and I race, but I am nowhere near good enough to do it just for the winning (and by extension, the running). I like XC because it gives me time to not worry about school, to be with friends, and to push myself hard when I know I have to. Being injured for so long has completely destroyed most of those. I still don't really worry about school when I'm in the trainers or on the bike or hobbling along the north field, but my school worries are replaced by injury worries. Also, except for a few of my injured teammates (I'm looking at you, G), I don't really get a chance to be with the rest of the team. I don't even have to explain the 3rd one (who tries to go hard when they're injured? Certainly not me...). I know I'll have to work on breaking out of this line of thinking as much as if not more than I have to get back in shape.

No comments: