Friday, September 11, 2009

11/09/2009

Morning:

Easy pre-race type thing to Garfield and back (not long way). Ran barefoot, but still some nagging discomfort. Ran one or two striders in the Nike Frees and decided they were not going to cut it for Saturday, so the plan is to run the race shoeless. Besides that though, I really have no idea what this race is going to be like, or what my goals should be. Should I try to run 21:32? Am I even in shape enough to do that? Will ALL of the freshmen run faster than me? Am I going to make varsity this year at all? I've never been that confident of a racer but I have more doubts about myself than I ever did before. I started getting this feeling last year, like I had built a house of cards and it was just a fluke that it had even been up that long. It's a bad metaphor but I'm sure some of you sometimes wonder where your talents come from.

No comments: