Thursday, September 24, 2009

24/09/2009

Morning:

Didn't want to work out on the bike in the morning since it's a hard workout, so I lifted today. Or I tried to. I am so sore from yesterday (from muscles I didn't even know I had) that I only did about 70% of what I would normally do. Specifically, I skipped military press, inclined bench, back extensions, and pullups. Strangely enough I didn't feel that bad with certain exercises like bench press and runners even though initially I thought they would be bad news.

Afternoon:

It was nice to use a different bike, and I noticed this time that the resistance was significantly less than what I had done on the other one. This was good for the hard workout:

15 min warmup -> 10 on, 2 off, 8 on, 2 off, 6 on, 2 off, 4 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off -> 10 minute cooldown

Felt better than the last time I did it (Saturday); went about 115 RPM, 165 HR for the easy parts and 135 RPM, 195 HR for the hard parts. Toward the end of the workout (the 6, 4, and 2 on) I was going about 137-140 RPM at 200 HR but I felt pretty good. The achilles discomfort started at about 15 minutes in but it was already a distant memory by 18:30 or so. I wasn't sure what was going on with that. Went 24.41 pseudomiles.

No comments: